Welcome to the COMMODITIES STREET JOURNAL community. In order to create the best possible experience for everyone, we request that you abide by the COMMODITIES STREET JOURNAL community guidelines, our core code of conduct, in all of your activities on the COMMODITIES STREET JOURNAL service. COMMODITIES STREET JOURNAL offers a diverse and robust community through a wide range of products, services, and online areas (such as chat rooms and message boards). Some products, services, or areas may carry additional standards. Please review and abide by the standards of the areas you frequent.
The COMMODITIES STREET JOURNAL account holder is responsible for all activities on that account. If you are the primary account holder, ensure that anyone who uses your account, or any screen name on your account, is familiar with and agrees to abide by the community guidelines. You will be notified of all violations made by any screen name on your account. Violations of the community guidelines can lead to actions ranging from a warning to COMMODITIES STREET JOURNAL account suspension or outright termination. We expect all content and activities on the COMMODITIES STREET JOURNAL service, whether generated by COMMODITIES STREET JOURNAL, its partners, or its members, to comply with the community guidelines. By content, we mean the information, software, communications, images, sounds, and all the materials and information that members and others generate online. Member-generated content areas include, but are not limited to, chat rooms, message boards, and Instant Messages.
We usually do not pre-screen member-generated content, but we reserve the right to remove content that does not comport with the community guidelines. If you encounter content or communications that violate these guidelines, we encourage you to utilize the tools and resources outlined in the last section of this document.
COMMODITIES STREET JOURNAL community guidelines
· Do not harass, abuse, or threaten another member. If you disagree with someone, respond to the subject and not to the person.
· Do not use hate speech. Hate speech is unacceptable, and COMMODITIES STREET JOURNAL reserves the right to take appropriate action against any account using the service to post, transmit, promote, distribute, or facilitate the distribution of content intended to victimize, harass, degrade, or intimidate an individual or group on the basis of age, disability, ethnicity, gender, race, religion, or sexual orientation.
· Respect the context and intended audience of the online areas that you visit. Many services and communities carry additional standards. It is your responsibility to review and abide by those standards and ensure that your activity, language, and electronic transmissions are appropriate for that particular area. What is appropriate in some areas or contexts may not be appropriate in others.
· Do not impersonate any person, business, or other entity. Doing so in an attempt to deceive, harass, or otherwise mislead another member is forbidden. You may not pretend to be an employee or representative of COMMODITIES STREET JOURNAL or any of the COMMODITIES STREET JOURNAL Inc. family of companies or affiliates.
COMMODITIES STREET JOURNAL has zero tolerance for illegal activity on the service. It is your responsibility to know and abide by the law. If you fail to do so, COMMODITIES STREET JOURNAL reserves the right to take any action it deems warranted. In addition, COMMODITIES STREET JOURNAL expects all members to review and abide by the COMMODITIES STREET JOURNAL Member Agreement.
· You (or others using your account) may not publish, post, transmit, promote, or distribute material (including software, photos, sounds, and written material) that is illegal or incites illegal activity, or use the COMMODITIES STREET JOURNAL Network to conduct illegal activities. We terminate accounts and cooperate with law enforcement on such matters.
· We and our partners reserve the right to monitor public areas such as chat rooms and message boards.
· As stated in the COMMODITIES STREET JOURNAL Member Agreement, we prohibit unauthorized use of the COMMODITIES STREET JOURNAL Network. This includes distribution of unsolicited commercial or bulk communications and any material containing software viruses or any other computer code, files, or programs designed to interrupt, destroy, or limit the functionality of any computer software, hardware, or telecommunications equipment. We will take all legal and technical measures to prevent such abuse.
· When participating in other Internet products — including COMMODITIES STREET JOURNAL branded services, you are subject to those standards, which may be different from COMMODITIES STREET JOURNAL’s community guidelines.
· There are many valuable sites on the rest of the Internet, but standards and norms vary broadly. COMMODITIES STREET JOURNAL cannot remove or otherwise take action with respect to the content and conduct you may encounter on these websites. You should review the policies for each website you visit.
· When visiting COMMODITIES STREET JOURNAL International areas, your conduct is governed by the standards of that area. International areas online (including COMMODITIES STREET JOURNAL branded International areas) may have different rules of conduct and standards for acceptable content. You should refer to the rules applicable in those areas. Be aware that because of these varying country norms, you may also see programmed content not available on the U.S. COMMODITIES STREET JOURNAL service.
COMMODITIES STREET JOURNAL relies on its community members — you — to help maintain community standards. We strongly encourage you to use the tools and resources that we provide to help us ensure that you and anyone using your account have the best possible online experience.
· If you encounter member-generated content that you find objectionable, and if the tools are not sufficient to address the member who you believe is violating the community guidelines, you can alert COMMODITIES STREET JOURNAL by submitting a report to COMMODITIES STREET JOURNAL via e-mail or written letter. COMMODITIES STREET JOURNAL will review your report. If a member violates the community guidelines, COMMODITIES STREET JOURNAL will issue written warnings. If the violation(s) are serious, COMMODITIES STREET JOURNAL may suspend or terminate the account. Similarly, if someone reports you to us, believing that your content or conduct has violated the community guidelines, we will investigate and may take action on your account.